Monday, October 5, 2009

Beauty School

Checking my email this evening... there was an email titled: Your Application to DePaul. I thought.. is this a joke!! Hmmmm... maybe I am being considered to start law school again!!! Then I thought, no this is a mistake!!! Upon opening it, the email was clearly not spam and had my full name address LSAC ID numbers. Wow!! Someone is attempting to use all my information to get into law school... good luck with that!!! I thought someone has stolen my identity... they are going to get into DePaul, graduate, and maybe even get an amazing job before I do!! Or maybe it was a sign for me... to go back to school!!! You know what the whole legal thing is not working out... maybe my calling is Beauty School.



This is what I envisioned.... I graduate from Beauty School open a salon, where clients come in, distraught and needing advice, and I not only help them solve their problems but while they are in my chair, give them a makeover... a whole new look so they leave feeling radiant and confident and ready to take on the world!!! In fact I would have a dream team ready so when my client walked out that door they were beaming!!

Before I could even finish my thoughts, DePaul sent me another email saying: "I am sorry Miss. Tiffany, there has actually been a mistake in out computer system. Your application is not being considered." Good!! Because I do not want to go to law school again..... giving me more time to work on my salon idea. I could name the different options after words I learned in law school, and am so eager to use in the real world.

Res Ipsa Loquitor could be the name for a Wash and Blow Dry.
Collateral Estoppel could be the name for partial highlights.
Just Tort could be the name for a fresh shave for a guy.
Consideration could mean Buzz Cut.
Finally, the name of my salon could be Hair Review (for those of us who were never on Law Review and would look great on my legal application for those future employers who just like to skim!)








1 comment: