Thursday, September 24, 2009

Legally Broke Chick....


Another day in the world of the unemployed.... it is crazy going from being in school basically your entire life (8 years for college and law school) to the "real world" I always looked forward to the real world... when I could live off more than financial aid because I needed to "focus on my studies" and possibly upgrade my wardtrobe or 2001 Jetta that still feels kinda new beecause my leather still smells like Crayola crayons... same as day 1.... so as I ventured home to keep job search I decided to share my journeys and hopefully through this you can share your journeys and exciting stories and disappointments with me!!!


My interview today... I researched the company, mapped out my possible territory, cold called businesses to see if they wouldd be interested in my potential employer etc... I mean I was prepared... put on my suit and was ready to take anyone on... as I parked downtown I thought... I got this!!! I met my "interviewer" who right away said... actually this position is most likely already filled... but I wanted to get to know you better... what!!! all this research... showering and getting ready... a big break in the day for the unemployed..... I WANT A JOB!! I love to small talk and it makes me happiest to learn new things and meet as many people as I can, but seriously.... when I am turning in pennies to make a quarter so I can pay the meter just to meet you and you tell me you just want to learn more about me because I have so much "potential!" What is potential if you can't use it??


Let me know!!


Tiffany Brooke aka Legally Broke

1 comment:

  1. thats too funny. Im sorry tiffany, but i had to lol.
    As graduating law student, Let me make a few assumptions if I may.
    youre a lawyer now.
    You just met an asscociate.
    You travelled to a meeting to discuss a business arrangement.
    So if those are the facts at hand.
    On your stationary you, as a laywer never consult for free, well every laywer Ive delt with isnt free.
    Travel time, Expenses ($.025)parking, meeting time billed @ 1/4 hour incriments. And lastly legal costs such as having your bill notarized, delivered by a sheriff, and filling a formal complaint with the Bar Assoc.
    Look at that, you just made a few 100$
    Minus my consulting fees :D
    Or go thro a dead fish in their car under the seat ,)

    ReplyDelete