Sunday, September 27, 2009

Donkey Caretaker




This is the latest part-time job I came across today in my search for a job until I pass the bar AND when anyone starts hiring again for anything!! I put in my thoughts (...)!





DONKEY CARETAKER:

Description:

SALARY: $9.98/hr. (up to 1500 hrs/year) (Just in case you wanted to figure your annual salary you could potentially earn: $14,970!!!!!) I AM IN!!

As a Donkey Caretaker park aide, you would work with volunteers and park staff to provide the care necessary to keep the donkeys healthy and happy (that is important!), interact with the public while grooming, bathing and exercising the donkeys, maintain the upkeep of the stables, implement the composting program, and educate the public on the park’s history and the role of donkeys in the community.

KEY RESPONSBIILITIES: 1. Grooming and bathing donkeys 2. Cleaning stalls and areas occupied by donkeys 3. Exercising and turning out donkeys 4. Leading donkeys during interpretive/educational programs (sounds like a fun interactive job!!)

TIME REQUIREMENTS: Approximately 32 hours per week, 4-5 days per week Hours flexible, weekends and holidays are required (spending Holidays with the donkeys? :( that is the down side to this job.

SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS: Experience working with horses or donkeys. Should be reliable, patient, have a positive attitude and a willingness to learn. (that's me!!!! I have a positive attitude and I am ready to learn) Should have an interest in history, living history desirable (what is "living history" I think I have an interest in living history?), but not required. Good strength and endurance (I can do pushups and situps and I hike everyday!!!) to lead the donkeys, keep the stables clean, and maintain the compost program.

No comments:

Post a Comment