Friday, September 25, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me!!




I have always seriously loved birthdays...... so much in fact that I thought Birthday would be an amazing name for a child, because every time you heard that name it sounded like FUN!! But I got over that fast thinking of how that would sound as a teenager...




So for a recap of the exciting job prosepects for the week let's go in order of likely of doing it for now:

1. Retail-tainment.... Jordan (my brother and partner in job seeking, also a newly graduated law student with honors and a lot of experience) and I went to "audition" for an "infomercial"... this was difficult! This was an actual casting call.... so we each had a few minutes to go in and read them part of the script and out of all the actors that showed up, if we were good enough we got a "call back." So Jordan and I left that audition feeling pretty good.... we may soon be gainfully employed.. with benefits within 90 days!!!




2. Furniture Commercial: Our next stop was another "audition" for a furniture commercial... this would be where you lounge on the furniture and act really natural, talking on your phone, using your laptop or just kicking off your shoes and relaxing back.... Well, the guy who we met with, his hands were sweaty, sweaty and gross, and I was almost hoping this didn't work out because I never wanted to shake that hand again..... so we were taken up to the top of the floor room and after the audition attempted to shake hands again and let us know.... Jordan got the call back.. I didn't! So yesterday JOrdan went in for the shoot..... he walked around the store acted excited about the furniture and got paid!! Glad we went to law school for that!!




So as Jordan was leaving he asked to borrow a dolly--thingy because he is in the middle of moving out of his place... and they said no problem they had plenty!!! Just as he began the move he had an urgent phone call from the furniture store saying that they realized that he was in the "legal field" aka almost a lawyer and they needed that dolly back NOW because they didn't want to be sued for negligence or something....!! WHAT??




3. Spa Promos: Next on the list is the opportuity to sell spa promos for 90% off!!! Seriously you can get a $500 spa treatment for only $60!!! Door to door sales??! I have to pay off $200,000 in student loans.... I think it may take more than a few spa packages to get me set up!!!




4. Yesterdays "faux-interview".




Looks like you will see us at a Retailtainment Location Near you Very soon!!!!




1 comment: